The most durable surface protection of any of the polymers on the market
OceaPoly® is changing the way to manufacture high-performance shallow-draft boats with the introduction of our Kevlar Fiberglass fabric backing. Bonded OceaPoly® is a high-performance alternative to mechanically fastened polymers, providing OEM’s the best solution to meet the needs for efficient production and superior service.
- River Jet Boats
- Landing Crafts
- Drift Boats
- Hard Bottom Inflatables
- Shallow Draft Skiffs
- Lobster Boats
- Pontoon Boats
- Jon Boats
- Hunting Vessels
- Jet Skis & Sea Dos
- Kayaks & Canoes
- Surveillance Crafts
Riverne Assault Crafts
A revolutionary technology advancing the boating industry across the globe.
Standard lower grade HDPE currently used by many shallow draft boat builders' wears 4 times faster and has 16 times less impact resistance than OceaPoly®. Primarily ideal for shallow water vessels that frequently take on damage by debris and rough terrain, OceaPoly® is also great for any watercraft as an extra layer of protection.
- No Mechanical Fasteners - Eliminates water leaking into the boat because of holes drilled for mechanical fastens
- Vacuum Bag Application - Easy installation
- Long Term Protection - Heat or cold temperatures
- Heightened Epoxy Bond Strength - Against exposure, impact, abrasion, chemicals, and UV
- Recommended Plexus Adhesive - Elongation factor of over 100%
- Additional reinforcement - OceaPoly® strengthens the boat bottom
User Friendly - Easy to install, easy to repair if damaged, easy to remove at end-of-life cycle with sandblaster
- Thickness & Weight - 0.25" (1/4 inch), 1.625 lbs. per sq. in.
- Material & Weight - Fiberglass, 2.1 lbs. per sq. ft.
Buoyancy - Specific gravity 0.93-0.98
Proven Tolerance - (-60º) to 180º F
- Autoignition Temperature - 662º F (350º C)
- Strength - Bond strength on average is 1058 lbs. per sq. in.
A tough product for a tough crew. Helping get the job done.
OceaPoly®is specified on several military application because it’s superior performance over other polymer. According to the US Army Southern Command, US Border Patrol, and the US Coast Guard, OceaPoly® is 3 to 4 times more durable than mechanically fastened UHMW. No holes, no water leaking in boat, no expansion or contraction.
Government Testing Performed with OceaPoly®
United States Army Corps of Engineers
- Wicket Gate Test - Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composite Wicket Gates
- Abrasion Test - Abrasion-Resistant Polymer Composite Overlays & Coatings
- Dam Gate Test - Polymeric Slides to Replace Rollers on Hydraulic Gates & Valves