Find An Installer
Find a professional Certified OceaPoly® Installer in your area
More OEMs and local repair shops around the globe are becoming educated in this new technology to be able to offer OceaPoly® installation as a custom service to their valued customers.
Become An Installer
Become a Certified OceaPoly® Installer
OceaPoly® is one of the most trusted processes in shallow draft boat protection. Ask us about our OceaPoly® Installer Program and experience the benefits. We provide our OceaPoly® Certified Installers with leads from extensive marketing efforts, professional walk-through training videos, installation equipment requirements, an updated vendors list, and 24-hour support.
Ask us about our OceaPoly® Installer Program to join our installer network
How To Install
Prepping boat bottom
- To prep fiberglass boat bottom sand with 80 grit sandpaper
- For aluminum boat bottoms use a 36 grit sanding disk.
- Sand blasting provides the best surface for bonding
- Wipe down hall with denatured alcohol
- Last wipe down boat bottom with etching compound
- Cut the OceaPoly to size
- Apply vinyl ester resin to the fabric backing, let dry for 24 hours
- Cut vacuum bag and breather cloth to size
- Mix 2 part Plexus MA 590 in 5-gallon plastic pail
- With serrated trowel spread Plexus adhesive evenly on the boat bottom
- Place OceaPoly fabric backing onto adhesive
- Cover OceaPoly with breather cloth
- Cover breather cloth with bagging film then attach bagging film to the hull with double-sided sticky tape
Extrusion Weld OceaPoly
- Remove Vacuum bagging material
- Sand all seams with 80-grit sanding disk
- Wipe the seams with degreaser
- With the extrusion welder weld all seams
- With a hand-held router, remove all excess welding splin
- Click the button below to download our PDF describing the lamination process.
Congratulations to OceaPoly® partner DynaMarine on receiving the US Coast Guard, Great Lakes Ice Rescue Airboat contract. Their innovative design and quality construction will provide many years of service. Based on the US Coast Guard's statement, OceaPoly® is three to four times more durable than mechanically fastened polymer, which is why Dyna Marine uses it.
DynaMarine Performance Boats was born of a vision, one that looked beyond current “state-of-the-art” in airboat design to “state-of-what-could-be” with imagination, determination, and a solid foundation of manufacturing expertise, precision craftsmanship, and financial strength. With exciting new hull designs that define the signature Dyna look, they are also providing the revolutionary on-water performance that is taking the airboat platform in thrilling new directions.
As Dyna Marine designs and equips boats, they are partnering with top of the line suppliers to incorporate the best components and technologies available today. Using top names like OceaPoly Bonded UHMW Polymer, Turn Key Engine Supply, Livorsi Marine Electronics, Garmin, JL Audio, Ballistic Gear Drives, and WhirlWind and Sensenich propellers Dyna Marine is able to fly past the competition.
Contact DynaMarine to equip your next airboat boat with OceaPoly or call them to replace your old, worn out polymer.